Friday, January 13, 2012

Message from the Relief Society Presidency January 2012

When Lehi asked Nephi and his brothers to return to Jerusalem to get the brass plates, Laman and Lemuel murmured, and quite frankly I can’t blame them - it was a one month, 500 mile roundtrip! The remarkable thing is that Nephi didn’t murmur. The reason is given in 1Ne. 2:16, “…I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did visit me, and did soften my heart that I did believe all the words which had been spoken by my father…” Nephi’s reward for obeying without complaint is found in 1Ne. 3:6, “…thou shall be favored of the Lord, because thou hast not murmured.” When we feel overwhelmed with responsibilities, we too can go to the Lord in prayer and have our hearts softened, so we may obey willingly and without complaint.


With much love,

Kim Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment