Sunday, March 4, 2012

March 2012 Relief Society Presidency Message

I have been reading "Daughters in My Kingdom: The History and Work of the Relief Society". This month, the Relief Society organization is 170 years old! I have been so impressed with the efforts and extraordinary accomplishments of the early Relief Society sisters and the contributions worldwide to those in need! I share with you this quote from Emmeline B. Wells, Fifth RS President, written May 1914. "It is my strongest desire that our young women of today be made to comprehend the work of the early members who, without the facilities of the present time, comforted the sad and distressed, visited the widow and fatherless, and were like ministering angels." That was 98 years ago! What better facilities and technology we have now! What greater contributions we can and do make now! I feel so blessed to be part of this great and divine sisterhood!



-Sis. Diana Hirschi

No comments:

Post a Comment