Monday, March 21, 2011

Book Club ~ April 12th 2011

The bookclub will meet April 12 at 7 p.m. at 132 1st Avenue, home of Ila Marie Niemann. The book is Another Man's Gold by Rod Johnson. Rod Johnson grew up in Stevensville and graduated from high school here. His great great grandfather, James Stuart, settled just south of Stevensville. Rod Johnson has made his grandfather's story into a novel. Names and places are very familiar to me and, historically, I was most interested in Henry Plummer's gang as I grew up hearing stories about him and learned much more about him. His description of Burnt Fork Creek is so beautiful that I must drive up to the end again. As I read what pioneers went through to settle the valley, I was very grateful. The book is available at Stoneydale Press. I love to go there and look at all the books about Montana and the Valley.
Ila

No comments:

Post a Comment