Sunday, March 6, 2011

March 2011 Message from the Presidency

I am so grateful for the Bishop's encouragement to read the Book of Mormon in 90 days.  As I progress with the challenge I find I am blessed, just as the Bishop promised.  I am blessed with a greater understanding as I read.  I feel more deeply the emotions of the authors - their joy, their anguish.  I am touched with greater force by more passages than at any other time I have read the Book of Mormon.  One such scripture is found in Mosiah.  Alma is secretly teaching the gospel to anyone who will listen.  If he is discovered, king Noah will kill him.  He preaches in private and he baptizes many in the waters of Mormon.  In Mosiah 18:21 he commands them"...that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another."  This reminds me of all of us sisters.  The love, support and strength we share bring us closer together in our faith and purpose.

Sis. Diana Hirschi

No comments:

Post a Comment